keep hearing it, "LinkedIn is NOT Facebook! Why are people clogging up my LinkedIn newsfeed with stupid memes, pictures, and quizzes?"
LinkedIn is a professional network and the newsfeed should be a place to read professional updates from your network of connections. Unfortunately, some people have a hard time differentiating when to post to LinkedIn and when to post to Facebook.
The good news is there is a way to clean up your newsfeed so it shows the updates you want to see.
Scrolling through your newsfeed, you will notice that it's the same people who are posting inappropriate content. Rather than allow them to continue to pollute your stream, all you need to do is unfollow them and their silly updates will be no more. All it takes is a couple of minutes and your newsfeed will become a joy to read again.
Unfollowing on LinkedIn1. Log in to LinkedIn.com
2. Scroll through your newsfeed. When you notice an obnoxious, unprofessional post, hover your mouse over the upper right hand side of the status update. A small down arrow will appear along with a drop list. Choose Unfollow. Going forward, all future posts from this individual will not appear on your newsfeed and the person will never know you aren't seeing their posts.
3. Lather, rinse, and repeat for all connections who are posting obnoxiously unprofessional and off topic status updates.
Re-follow a Person You Unfollowed on LinkedInOh no! You unfollowed a person only to realize that you really miss them and want their posts back on your LinkedIn homepage. Here's what to do:
1. View the person's profile who you have unfollowed.
2. Click on the menu on the right side of the picture and select, View recent activity.
3. Click the yellow Follow button on the top right side of the Recent activity page and once again, you will see their updates on your LinkedIn Homepage's newsfeed.
Now that you have this power, go forth and unfollow! Report back, let me know your results!
Want to Brand Yourself?Access my LinkedIn Headline Generator
Think about it... your LinkedIn headline is the FIRST THING people see of your LinkedIn profile AND it should compel them to read more! My LinkedIn Headline Generator is an online application that helps you create a POWERFUL, keyword-packed LinkedIn Headline! Choose your terms and in seconds you have an engaging, professional LinkedIn Headline that impresses!