Did you know that your 1st-degree LinkedIn connections CAN SEE your list of connections? Yes, a person you are directly connected to on LinkedIn can see all the people you are directly connected to on LinkedIn.
This shouldn’t be a frightening idea. You see, by allowing them to peruse your list of connections they can browse your network and find mutual friends and colleagues.
“But what happens if I mistakenly connect with a competitor or nemesis or TELEMARKETER!!! Does this mean they can go through and poach my list of connections?”
YEPPER DOODLES! It sure does!
So here’s a few things you can do:
1. Don’t connect with just your customers or trusted network… connect with more people. By having a large list of 1st degree connections, you cloak your true list.
2. Deal with it. I highly doubt anyone is going to go through and pilfer your list… most people would have no idea how to do it and if they did, I am sure your relationship with your clients is strong enough to withstand it.
3. TURN OFF YOUR CONNECTIONS LIST! Yes, you can actually turn it off so people can’t see your full list of 1st degree connections. With that said, your 1st-degree connections will always be able to see shared connections.
And by turning it off, you aren’t limiting yourself. You can still see other 1st degree connections lists as long as they aren’t hiding it.
How To Turn Off Your LinkedIn Connections List
1. Here’s how to turn off your LinkedIn Connections List: Click here to get whisked away to your LinkedIn Settings page.
2. Click on: Select who can see your connections
3. Select Only You from the droplist.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
And finally, one more thing. Are you wondering how to view the connections list of your 1st degree LinkedIn connections? Here ya go:
Viewing Your 1st Degree Connection’s List of 1st Degree Connections
1. Go to a connection’s profile
2. Click the number of their connections in the top section. This will take you to the Connections box on their profile.
3. From here you can click on:
- All to see all visible connections.
- New to see connections recently added to that person’s network.
- Shared to see connections in common.
- NEXT in the bottom right of the Connections box, to see the next page of results.
4. Want to SEARCH their list of connections? Click the magnifying glass icon to search their connections.
Want to Brand Yourself?Access my LinkedIn Headline Generator
Think about it... your LinkedIn headline is the FIRST THING people see of your LinkedIn profile AND it should compel them to read more! My LinkedIn Headline Generator is an online application that helps you create a POWERFUL, keyword-packed LinkedIn Headline! Choose your terms and in seconds you have an engaging, professional LinkedIn Headline that impresses!