October 2, 2013
Did you know that your 1st-degree LinkedIn connections CAN SEE your list of connections? Yes, a person you are directly connected to on LinkedIn can see all the people you are directly connected to on LinkedIn.
This shouldn’t be a frightening idea. You see, by allowing them to peruse your list of connections they can browse your network and find mutual friends and colleagues.
“But what happens if I mistakenly connect with a competitor or nemesis or TELEMARKETER!!! Does this mean they can go through and poach my list of connections?”
YEPPER DOODLES! It sure does!
So here’s a few things you can do:
1. Don’t connect with just your customers or trusted network… connect with more people. By having a large list of 1st degree connections, you cloak your true list.
2. Deal with it. I highly doubt anyone is going to go through and pilfer your list… most people would have no idea how to do it and if they did, I am sure your relationship with your clients is strong enough to withstand it.
3. TURN OFF YOUR CONNECTIONS LIST! Yes, you can actually turn it off so people can’t see your full list of 1st degree connections. With that said, your 1st-degree connections will always be able to see shared connections.
And by turning it off, you aren’t limiting yourself. You can still see other 1st degree connections lists as long as they aren’t hiding it.
1. Here’s how to turn off your LinkedIn Connections List: Click here to get whisked away to your LinkedIn Settings page.
2. Click on: Select who can see your connections
3. Select Only You from the droplist.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
And finally, one more thing. Are you wondering how to view the connections list of your 1st degree LinkedIn connections? Here ya go:
1. Go to a connection’s profile
2. Click the number of their connections in the top section. This will take you to the Connections box on their profile.
3. From here you can click on:
4. Want to SEARCH their list of connections? Click the magnifying glass icon to search their connections.
Access my LinkedIn Headline Generator app to boost your brand and achieve higher placement in LinkedIn Search results. Your profile will get more views and you will collide with amazing opportunities! All it takes is a couple of clicks and in seconds you have an engaging, professional LinkedIn Headline that impresses. It's fast, easy, and completely free.Instant Access
I LOVE LinkedIn! But I am not endorsed by or affiliated with LinkedIn in any way whatsoever.
There is NO relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by LinkedIn with this Website.
Absolutely NO content has been authorized by or represents the views or opinions of LinkedIn or LinkedIn personnel.
LinkedIn Makeover is simply a description of a service I provide. My company is called Vision Board Media.
Input your search keywords and press Enter.